The weakening of the real against the dollar is not preventing Brazilians from investing in the United States. A study by the Miami Association of REALTORS for the National Association of REALTORS, conducted between March 2015 and March 2016, showed that the purchase of residences by foreigners in the US moved 102.6 billion dollars in the period, with Brazil the sixth position, with France and Germany. Florida was the most sought after by international investors and Brazilians lead the acquisition of more expensive properties in the state, with an average investment of $ 775,000.
According to Loyalty Miami, investment advice that takes care of the implementation, management and administration of business in the United States this is due in part to the valuation of a property in the country, which is 30 to 50% in the early years. “When we talk about a rental property here in the United States, in some places it is possible to have up to 1% return per month,” says Daniel Toledo, a lawyer specializing in Migration Law, a partner at Loyalty Miami and president of ABAC – American Brazilian Association of Commerce.
To acquire a property in the United States is necessary to find a broker who will seek the best options, according to the profile desired by the buyer. According to the Miami Association of REALTORS survey for the National Association of REALTORS, 72% of international investors paid the property in cash. However, according to Thiago de Ataide, founding partner of WRA Real Estate Solutions, this is not necessary. “It is possible to give 30 to 40% of the value of the property as input and finance the remainder in 30 years, with interest, on average, 5 to 7.5% and in some cases 4%.” These numbers fluctuate according to the approved credit and the income of the buyers in their home countries.
According to Fabiano Prezotto, a member of Advanced US, a specialized exchange broker and a member of the board of ABAC, the procedure for legal remittance of money to the United States is simple and the only tax is 0.38% of IOF, there is no , therefore, income tax for acquiring real estate in the USA. It is possible to remit the direct amount by your bank in Brazil or via any company specialized in the sector, and within 24 hours after sending, the resource is credited in the US.
The lawyer Daniel Toledo also gives a hint to those interested in this type of investment: buying a property through a company. The opening of a US company costs around a thousand dollars and takes 10 to 15 days. “This is the best option, because it protects the assets in case of death, for example. Inventories in the US can cost up to 50% of the value of the good, “he says. In addition he warns that buying a property in the United States does not grant a visa.
The Miami Association of REALTORS for the National Association of REALTORS
Full search in: https://goo.gl/LPCsQN
- $ 102.6 billion was the volume of sales of residential real estate for foreigners in the US from March 2015 to March 2016.
- Brazil is the 6th country that most buys residential property in the US, with France and Germany.
- Florida (22%) is the most sought after by international investors, followed by California (15%) and Texas (10%).
- Miami, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach are the most desired regions by Brazilians in Florida with 69%, followed by Orlando with 24%.
- Most important facts that influenced the purchase of a property in Florida:
- 40% Safe investment
- 30% Desired location
- 26% Profitable investment
- Brazil and Canada bought more expensive properties on average in Florida compared to other foreigners (Brazil: $ 775,000, Canada: $ 646,000 and Venezuela $ 534,000).
- $19.4 billion was the volume of sales of residential real estate for foreigners in Florida from July 2015 to July 2016.
- 55% of Miami buyers have acquired condominium properties.
- 94% visited Florida at least once before buying.
By Juliana Annunciato